Sunday, October 16, 2011

This lesson reinforces my amazement of how so much of the scripture is still relevant in our world today. I was not surprised by Phillip’s response to Jesus and think many of us would have had a similar response. We often think of all of the reasons something is not going to work rather than focus on ways it can. These versus were powerful to me because not only did Jesus provide enough bread for the people, he had leftovers! How blessed we are that God gives us more than we need.

I felt a sense of peace after reading versus 16-21 for the third time this week. I tried to picture myself in the boat out in the middle of a storm seeing Jesus walking on water toward me. The first time I read this I thought it would be terrifying, as mentioned in the scripture. However, after reading this several times I started to think how relieved I would be to realize that Jesus was there to help me through the storm. Once they let Jesus onto the boat, they were quickly at shore and no longer in the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment