Friday, October 21, 2011
Christine's suggestion to reflect on the ways and reasons we seek Jesus was really convicting to me. I'm asking myself when it is that I am most prayerful and I'm not real happy with the answer. I don't like that I go to Jesus most in times of my perceived need. Verse 27 says not to"work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life." So often my "work", (the times I am seeking the Lord), is definitely for that which spoils. Even things that truly are important like health and relationships. Obviously there's nothing wrong with asking God for those things, but those aren't eternal things. I hope that I continue to grow in a way that my pursuit of Jesus is more involved with praise, adoration, fellowship and thanksgiving than in my wish list. I know that he rejoices in fellowhip with us and wants that type of relationship with us. I have to once again refer to one of my favorite verses as I did when we studied Phillipians. Zephaniah 3:17 tells us that "He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Amazing!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment