Jesus makes it so simple and straightforward with this statement yet we and all the world are constantly searching for satisfaction and 'the way'. As direct as this statement is, it is very easy to get side-tracked and put importance in every thing else; work, family friends, success, etc. Yet as believers we should always have this simple sentence in the back of our heads throughout our busy days. I easily get off track, worry about my job or success or my future....all the time!
"I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry." People throughout life are looking for peace, the way, satisfaction, etc. This is all in v. 35. Let us be reminders to the world of this very statement and consider it our job to let everyone 'in' on this secret of life. There is no 'self-help' book better than the bible yet they are at the top of the 'best sellers' list.
Believing that Jesus is the 'bread of life' is a show of trust in Him and reassures as that we need nothing else, we will never go hungry again. Like Christine said, God's timing is impeccable. For me, it's easy to get impatient and try to make my own way, but if I remember this portion of John, I will be showing trust in God. Have a great rest of the week.
No comments:
Post a Comment