God's provision is so awesome! Bill and I are in the toughest financial situation we've ever faced. It's so easy to worry and fret and wonder how we'll ever make it. I feel like Philip so much of the time when he challenged Jesus- "It would take more than half a years wages........". Mine is- "There's no way I'm coming up with enough money to pay these property taxes." Why haven't I learned yet that we have always been provided for above and beyond what we need.
Later Jesus says, "let nothing be wasted." It seems a little odd that he would perform a miracle of that magnitude that he could do over and over again if he wanted, but still makes a point to say that. What that says to me is that my salvation is a miracle. The fact the God decided to choose me and give me the gift of eternity is truly miraculous. The grace that he continues to pour on me in spite of my selfishness, ugliness and lack of faith is a miracle. The waste would be if the overflow of all that grace would not be extended to those around me. How dare I not extend grace to my husband in his sin, to my kids in theirs, etc., when God's grace is so richly poured out in abundance with overflowing onto me.
No comments:
Post a Comment