Thursday, October 13, 2011

One verse that stood out to me was verse 5. “When Jesus looked up and saw a great crowd coming toward him, he said to Philip, Where shall we buy bread for these people to eat?” Okay, granted Jesus could perform miracles as much as he wanted, but didn’t this man ever get tired? Did he ever NOT think of other’s first? I guess this is why Jesus is so perfect and powerful J I don’t think the first thing I would think of is how to feed all the people. I think I may be curious to know how I would get something to eat. Or how silly I’m going to look if we run out of food, etc- so self focused. And then the following verse, verse 6, “He asked this only to test him, for he already had in mind what he was going to do.” I can’t help but wonder what Jesus is thinking when I doubt, when I’m filled with fear, when I’m unsure of how a situation is going to turn out, or when I don’t even trust that God is gonna pull through. I’m sure (in the not so serious situations) he’s kinda laughing and shaking his head at me- because Jesus truly does always, always “have in mind what he is going to do.” It’s a matter of faithful prayer and trust in Him! Those are a couple of the light hearted standout verses to me this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment