Monday, September 26, 2011

Kara T. Week 3

I really enjoyed the 3rd chapter and amazingly enough our sermon at church this week was on Nicodemus. I truly appreciate nicodemous and his curiousity. He was such a wealthy, intellegent, "had it all kind of guy", but knew there was something he was missing. He went in the night so no one could see him to ask his questions of Jesus. I find that at the end of the story I really want to know the life story of nicodemus and how he changed after this encounter. Our pastor pointed out to us that we see him two other times in scripture. Once he stands up for Jesus while he is being questioned by the pharisees in John 7:50 and later after the crucifixion in John 19:40 to bring spices and wrap Jesus' body. I just think maybe the Holy spirit lead him to his questions and later to a faith....but I guess we will not currently know the anwer to that question. I also really like John3:14 which says "and as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the son of man be lifted up." Recently I read this passage in the old testement and wonder at how God is putting it all together for me so that I understood the reference in this section to Numbers 21:4-9. This one verse also sums up the point.....that Jesus is the only way.

No comments:

Post a Comment