Friday, September 9, 2011

John 1 reflection

This is a good way for me to start this study. Frankly, I am always taken back when people ask if someone has a "relationship" with Jesus Christ". I do.... but I don't always think of it as a relationship with Jesus. I think of my relationship with God which is also my relationship with Jesus. When I think of Jesus I do think of kindness, grace, forgiveness, and love. I guess I think of Jesus as the ultimate friend and God as the ultimate parent.

The passage that indicates that light shone and darkness was not able to overtake it reminds me of the Resurrection. When perhaps it appeared that evil/darkness had won-on the third day, Jesus (light) actually was the victor.

Another verse that made me think is the passage about his own people not recognizing and rejecting him. It makes me think how many times as Jesus come to me in a form I don't recognize as him (a stranger, a student, a friend) and maybe I didn't treat that person the way I should have. Did I judge too quickly? Did I take the time I should have? Are my priorites in line with what Jesus wants? Obviously if we know it is Jesus we would act appropriately but does he come to us in ways we don't recogize?

No comments:

Post a Comment