I sometimes struggle with the concept that Jesus was both God and man. I really like the analogy that was made in the book The Shack, that Jesus as a man was like a bird choosing to walk instead of fly. He had the capacity and ability to do anything and everything that he wanted to - because he is God - but he was choosing to limit his abilities while he was here on earth in order for us to relate better to him, and for him to fully experience our limitations. I also often feel the same way that Tammy does - that I have a "relationship" with God, and therefore with Jesus because he is also God... but the more I learn about Jesus, the more I try to understand him as a real person with feelings and emotions and experiences - like he's a friend. And more importantly, like he's a friend who likes me back. :)
Regarding receiving the light that Jesus gives... I really enjoy music, and when I'm singing in praise team at church sometimes like I'm receiving and giving that light. But other times in my daily life, I know I get too busy and wrapped up in other things... and then I get distracted from really receiving that light, and as a result Jesus' light shining through me isn't as bright either...
No comments:
Post a Comment