Friday, September 9, 2011

Glow and Reflection

I spent my week really thinking about light and dark and the reference to it in this passage. When I think of darkness I think "can't see, can't function, cold, fear". When I think of light, I think of it's purpose, usefulness and all its forms. Light allows us to see the whole picture (like daylight or a well lit room) or it can fine tune us and guide us to something specific (like a flashlight) or it can be absorbed and then released in darkness (like a glow bracelet) or it can be reflected off a mirror or shiny surface.

With Jesus as the light in our lives, He can show us the big picture, He can highlight something He wants us to focus on, He can show us the way, He can fill us up with His light (strength) and we can glow with it in dark or hard times, and His light reflects off of us who believe and we then show God's light to others.

Through this study, I'm going to try to use lights as reminders of Jesus in my life, working, guiding, and let the visual reminder of light focus my thoughts.





No comments:

Post a Comment