I believe Jesus had to be human not only so that more people might believe in Him, but also so that we could learn how He accepted and worked through His many struggles. He has gracefully shown us how we should live our lives. I think we may forget this when something does not seem good in our lives. We may even question God’s plan. However, He knows how we feel because He was and is human. We need to remember His grace and trust in Him.
Each time I reflect on the references to light and dark in these verses I am reminded of the beautiful stars and moon at night. While some people are still in darkness, the light is still ever-present even if He is not recognized. So, people are receiving the light even if they do not know it. I think there are big moments in our lives when we realize we are receiving the light, but we may often ignore or not reflect on those smaller moments when He is still present.
No comments:
Post a Comment