Friday, February 3, 2012

I agree with Julie. I also participated in a foot washing service many years ago and it truly was an eye-opening activity. It was extremely humbling. Honestly, there was minute or two that I wasn't sure I could do it so to know that Jesus washed the feet of his disciples is inspiring.

Verses 14-15 emphasizes the example of Jesus has set for us. If he can humbled himself to do what he has done for me, then surely I can do right by others.

Julie also mentioned verses 34-35. This is a commandment given to us... We are to love one another, just as Christ loves us. Along those lines, think of the Lord's Prayer when we say "forgive our trespasses as we forgive those who have trepassed against us". If I want Jesus to love and forgive me then I must love and forgive others. mmmmmm............. much easier said than done : ) but I'm working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment