Thursday, March 1, 2012
John 17
Two things that I touched me in this chapter are: 1) how much Jesus loved his disciples and how he prayed for their safety. He refers to "keeping them safe" and "guarding" them. 2) the call for unity not just from the disciples but from all of us. My church is going through a difficult time and there have been things said and done that have hurt people. Jesus calls for unity among his followers. Verses 21, 22, 23, 26 and the verses Christine referred to in Philippians. He tells us to "live in harmony by showing love for each other. Be united in what you think, as if you were one person." So many times I wonder if this is possible. It's discouraging to see so much dissention in the world, in our communities, in our families and even in our churches. This will only be possible through the Holy Spirit. It's difficult for human beings to avoid jealousy and pride. Why is that? Why can't we be more humble and considerate? I don't mean this in a judgemental way. I fall short of this myself. These verses give me a lot to think about and work on. The more like Christ I become then I think this will be easier and more natural for me. It's a goal : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment