Recently I have been exposed to a variety of methods of studying the Bible. One method involves picturing yourself in the story and looking at the different people and how they must have felt at the time. So.... as I look at this chapter I'm thinking how the arresting soldiers must have felt. No doubt they knew there was something different about this man but they didn't feel they had a choice but to follow instructions. The High Priest and Pilate really didn't want anything to do with this situation. They knew Jesus was not a criminal. The guilt and confusion Peter must have experienced. The Jewish people-at one time they were followers of Jesus and now they were calling for his death. And lastly Judas-once he actually witnessed what he had done, I'm imagining the horrible feeling in his stomach. The reality of what he had done tha eventually caused him to take his own life.
As Christine wrote... lots of confusion, unease, disruption, conflict, and emotion. And at the center of it all was Jesus. However, he is the most calm and logical person in the story. And what I find even more amazing is ... he was the only one who actually knew everything that was going to happen!
I'm trying to apply this someway to my life. I think my goal this week is to stay calm, try to find peace, keep things in perspective and realize if Christ can maintain his composure in this situation surely I can handle the minor things that disrupt my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment