Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I enjoy reading everyone’s posts and thoughts!! I haven’t posted every single week but I have definitely been reading and learning from everyone!!

This week took me back to the question Christine asked us in Week 10: Think of all the characteristics of God which can only be experienced because we live in a sinful world. It made me think:

What if Jesus went to Lazarus’ rescue when Mary and Martha had first asked? Lazarus would of still been alive and Jesus may have simply said, “Get up, you are healed.” Okay. Great! He’s healed and back to normal. We’ve seen Jesus do that time and time again. Jesus heals people, we know that, right? But for Lazarus to have been dead?! Now, what can Jesus really do about that? What impact it HAD to have had on all the people surrounding him when Lazarus got up and was alive. Curiosity gets the best of me and I cannot help but wonder the conversations that followed the next few daysJ. Wouldn’t that be something? I’d sure be asking a lot of questions!! We of little faith- In verse 21, Martha says, “If you had been here...my brother would not have die.” I catch myself thinking similar thoughts (not the brother dying part of course).Okay Lord, if you would have just done A, B, or C when I wanted you to, then this wouldn’t have happened or turned out this way. BUT God has a much greater plan. Even when we think it’s all gone wrong and that the current situation we’re in cannot get any worse, Jesus doesn’t just show up, He’s been there ALL along, leading us up to that place. How encouraging!! He doesn’t just get you through; He gets you through to accomplish a much bigger purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment