Friday, November 4, 2011
Chapter 8
I saw this reading from a few different perspectives. First I never would diminish the amazing saving grace of Jesus and that the person who got it was the woman who understood she needed it and had an attitude of humility vs. the other accusers who felt they were above her and could not understand what Jesus was saying because they were too vain. On the other hand I had real compassion for these men who were standing face to face with the savior and could not grasp either their need or what Jesus was telling them. I see Tammy's point here. I wonder if I was face to face with Jesus at that time and was so entrenched in the Law because that is all I had been taught and that was the way to find God for me would I stop and really listen to him. I feel truly blessed today to live in a time when I have it all spelled out infront of me to understand. This passage has also reminded me the importance of humility and checking myself often in that area.
Labels:
Kara Terpstra
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kara - I love your comments about how the one who found Jesus was the one who recognized her sin and her need for a Savior. And even though in the world's eyes she wasn't worth anything - to Jesus she was worth the cross and he did not condemn her.
ReplyDelete