Monday, November 28, 2011

The End (for now)

Thank you all for participating in this blog.  I have really enjoyed it and hope you have too. 

I have loved thinking about Jesus’ feelings surrounding Lazarus’ death.  In the past I thought that Jesus was sad because Lazarus died and this showed us His great love of Lazarus….but that doesn’t make sense – Jesus obviously knew that Lazarus would be alive again.  I think that Jesus was responding to death itself.  Jesus is mad that death has ruined what God created and intended.  Jesus is mad that death is man’s enemy and an enemy that can never be beat.  Jesus is truly and utterly sad because of how painful death is to the living.  Jesus hates to see those he loves be so torn apart by death.  I find this an amazing thought.  I have never thought of Jesus’ view of death.  We as Christians know the good ending but that doesn’t make the process easy and it gives my comfort that Jesus truly understands this and agrees.  We then see Jesus take death head on – and WIN!  I love it. 
So, thus far in John we have seen Jesus claim to be several things….the light, the life, the way.  And the overall theme is that Jesus is the Son of God – the divine in human form.  I hope that God has taught you many things and has revealed Himself to you in a very real and practical way.  I will plan to do the second half of John starting in January if there is enough interest to continue.  Please email me your intent (cehenrichs@hotmail.com) – to either continue or pull out.  I am happy to leave you on the list even if you just like to read along but I can remove your name if you would prefer not to receive the emails etc.  The study works best if we have at least a few people respond each week so maybe let me know if you plan to just read or plan to respond when you are able.  Also, if you have any comments on ways this study could be improved please pass those along too.  Lastly if you know someone who would like to join just pass their email on to me.  Merry Christmas – love to you all!! Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment