After reading Tammy's posts with her questions, I think I read the chapter again with a new determination to understand it a bit more.
Specifically, I want to learn more about the "glory" references. Here is what I think....I think it is about Jesus' resurrection and ultimate return to heaven. In v. 16 I read "...but after Jesus had entered into his glory, they remembered that the scriptures had come true...". Since it uses a lowercase "h" for his, I assume that it is talking about Jesus and not God. In v. 23, the writing is the same, and the analogy that Jesus tells is essentially explaining the need for him to die. In v. 28, Jesus is asking to be saved from what lies ahead (death) but then says no, "bring glory to your name", which makes me think that he is saying his (Jesus) death will bring glory. V. 41 says Isaiah was "given a vision of the Messiah's glory." Admittedly, I am no pro at figuring this stuff out, this is my educated guess I suppose:)
No comments:
Post a Comment